Pro Muscle Release
Super-accelerate a massaging touch by speed and power, and you have the tremendously curative therapy that is percussive massage. The soothing barrage of successive, rapid percussion that is this patented technology eliminates friction, bruising and fatigue, while offering any number of benefits, from pain relief therapy and muscle rehabilitation to the cosmetic improvement of scar tissue break up.The continuous pulse of energy provided by percussive massage induces both mechanical and reflexive responses in body tissue. Under such a pulse, muscles are forced to contract and then relax. The nerves, in turn, signal the body to release more endorphins, affecting the heart rate, and ultimately leading to an increase in freshly oxygenated blood flowing into the area of therapy.Benefits of Percussive MassagePercussive massage and muscle stimulation are beneficial in a variety of medical and cosmetic applications, including:
- Relaxing of thickened connective tissue and fascia.
- Breaking down of adhesions and internal scar tissue, present after injuries or surgery.
- Increased venous and lymphatic circulation.
- Elongating muscle fiber, especially when spasms, stiffness and restrictions are present.
- Increase range of movement by relieving stiff joints.
Applications for Percussive Massage:
Percussive massage can help relieve joint pain, muscle aches and pain caused by stress. Increased levels of blood and oxygen delivered to these areas, as well as the release of endorphins, are ways the body naturally responds to pain. Among the pain relief cases percussive massage can help facilitate are:
- Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness The vibrations of percussive massage’s deep muscular penetration can help move lactic acid out of stressed muscles.
- Shin Splints Traction forces on the periosteum (connective tissue that wraps the bones) from the muscles of the lower leg cause shin pain and inflammation. The shin muscle is pulled tight like a rubber band. Applying percussive massage can release this muscle immediately giving the patient immediate relief.
Muscle Spasms and Cramps These involuntary contractions of a muscle occur suddenly, restricting range of motion and often causing
- pain. Simple applications of percussive massage can give instant relief.
TMJ Syndrome This is an umbrella term covering the acute or chronic inflammation of the temporomandibular joint, which
- connects the mandible to the skull. The disorder and resultant dysfunction can result in significant pain and impairment. Application of percussive massage with the small copper head can deliver immediate relief.
- Bursitis Bursitis is an inflammation of the fluid-filled sac, or bursa, that lies between a tendon and skin, or a tendon and bone. The condition may be acute or chronic and often occurs in a very hard-to-reach place for manual/hand manipulation. By penetrating the tendon, percussive massage reaches the bursa for desired relief.
- Tendonitis Tendonitis is an inflammation of tendons due to lack of circulation. Percussive massage increases circulation to tendons to reduce the inflammation.
- Herniated or Bulging Discs These are both derived from inflammation and addressed specifically by percussive massage therapy.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Pressure on the median nerve in the wrist, which supplies feeling and movement to parts of the hand, can
lead to numbness, tingling, weakness, or muscle damage in the hand and fingers. A simple application of percussive massage with either large or small copper head can offer immediate relief.
- Rehabilitation Percussive massage can expedite the rehabilitation process of muscles that have been injured due to trauma, surgery or disease. The contractions caused by percussive massage help to strengthen muscles of individuals who may not be able to participate in physical therapy. Percussive massage can be used in patients with partial or full paralysis. The muscle contractions caused by percussive massage stimulate the muscles and prevents non-use atrophy while also improving reflex responses in which the nerves respond to stimulation.
- Sports Training Recent studies have shown that percussive massage causes contractions that are up to 30 times more powerful than normal voluntary contractions. This leads to enhanced muscle strength and improved muscle recovery. Percussive stimulation also improves muscle tone and balance, relieving muscular tightness and reducing the physical stress placed on bones and joints. It increases blood circulation to bring more oxygen and nutrients into the muscle, and reduces muscle fatigue and soreness.
- Cosmetic Procedures & Scaring Percussive massage helps to free adhesions, break down scar tissue, and decrease the inflammation that can sometimes follow cosmetic procedures, thereby rapidly increasing the patient’s overall recovery time.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.